We are living in an era where relationships make and break over the smallest things. Kissing is a very important part of any relationship. And even among the different types of kisses, a kiss on the forehead is special as it is not limited to romantic relationships.
A father can kiss his daughter on her forehead, a brother can kiss his sister on her forehead, a son can kiss his mother on her forehead, and a husband can kiss his wife on the forehead. It doesn’t matter what your relationship is, a kiss on the forehead is meant to convey your affection.
In this article, we will provide you with information about everything there is to know about a forehead kiss—What does it symbolize? What are its secrets? Why is it important? What is the body language of the forehead kiss? Why do people do it? What are the differences between receiving a kiss on the forehead or receiving one on the lips or the cheek? What are the benefits of the forehead kiss? And what’s the psychology behind it?
Today, we’ll try to answer all your questions related to forehead kisses.
1. What Does It Mean When a Guy Kisses Your Forehead?
2. Secrets of the Forehead Kis
3. Forehead Kisses: A Sign of Deep Affection
4. Why Forehead Kisses are Important?
5. Why the Forehead Kiss is Considered More Sincere?
6. Body Language Helps You Understand Your Guy Better
7. Forehead Kiss, Lip Kiss Or Cheek Kiss: Which one is better?
8. 5 Unknown Benefits of Forehead Kisses
9. Psychology Behind the Forehead Kiss
You can tell a lot about what a guy thinks about you just by observing the way he looks at you. Similarly, the way a guy kisses you also tells you a lot about how he feels towards you and what place you hold in his heart. There are several meanings a forehead kiss can have; let’s take a look at them.
Usually, when a guy kisses a girl on her forehead, it means that he respects her a lot and he is not with her just for sexual reasons. It means he respects who you are, what your dreams are, your likes, dislikes and all your wishes—he respects the aspects that make you who you are.
A forehead kiss also implies that your boyfriend cares a lot about you. He is not interested in just making out or having sex but he wants to spend some quality time with you. He wants to make sure you are happy and looked after. It makes him sad to see you sad and he can go to great lengths to make you smile.
A forehead kiss also means that your man is very protective of you. A very tight hug followed by a kiss on the forehead is usually his way to tell the world that you are his and he will protect you from any and all harm. A kiss on the forehead is his means to make you feel safe.
Further, if your man kisses you on the forehead in a public environment, that probably believes he loves you. It is his way of showing his love to the world while also making you feel comfortable. Sometimes, he may kiss your forehead just because he feels like it.
A kiss on the forehead—ideally, right in the middle of the forehead—can make you feel light and happy and special. There is a logical reason behind this. Basically, our forehead is rarely if ever touched by other people. So when a person kisses you on the forehead, your senses are heightened and your pineal and pituitary glands wake up. Because of the added blood flow in the lips, they are slightly warm as compared to the rest of the body. The heightened senses and slight warmth from the kiss help in awakening these glands.
The pituitary and pineal glands are responsible for the secretion of melatonin and serotonin in the brain. These two hormones are responsible for sleep, bliss, mental well-being and euphoria. So, whenever someone kisses you on your forehead, these factors combine to make you feel light and special. The pineal gland is also referred to as the third eye of our body. So you can also call a forehead kiss a third-eye kiss.
There are a lot of reasons why people kiss on the forehead but the most important is to convey their affections for the person they kiss.
A father kisses his daughter to tell her that he loves her. It shows that he will always be there to fulfil her every wish. It is his way of conveying to his daughter the sense of safety from the world.
A mother kisses her children to show them her unconditional love. She doesn’t expect anything in return. She shows through her kiss how much she cares for her children. It shows that she is willing to fight the whole world to keep them safe.
If your friend kisses you on your forehead, it means that he wants to be there for you even if you are just friends. It reflects that you mean a lot more to him than his other friends. It shows that he adores you, that he wants to be with you without any condition, without expecting anything in return.
Why Forehead Kisses are Important?
A kiss on the forehead is important because it marked by love and respect. A forehead kiss is more beautiful and sweet than hundreds of lip kisses. People who kiss others on the forehead and the ones who receive forehead kisses are usually a lot happier than other people. A boy can kiss his girlfriend on her forehead to stop a fight. A father can kiss his daughter on her forehead to make her feel safe.
If your guy kisses you on the forehead, it means that he doesn’t need a reply to it. It is a means to show you his love and respect. It means he cares about you. It means he wants to guard you from the world and is willing to protect you physically. It implies his love for you, and it shows that he trusts you fully.
A kiss on the forehead is a lot more sincere than a kiss on the cheek or lips. A kiss on the cheeks is often without any feelings. It is platonic, without any attachment. A kiss on the lips is most definitely sexual, it means your partner wants more of it and expects you to reciprocate. A kiss on the hand is usually done either as a formality or for romantic purposes with the hopes of leading to something more.
But a kiss on the forehead is his way of saying that he doesn’t need anything from you, that he is totally committed to you. It is his way of saying how much he cares for you, how much he loves you. It is his way of saying that you are not alone. He has decided to walk with you, he wants to give you a sense of security. He wants to tell you that you have someone special in your life. It is his way of connecting to your heart and communicating with you without the need of words.
You can tell a lot about what your guy is thinking when he kisses your forehead just by watching and observing his body language. You can find what he is feeling and what he wants to convey. There are some ways in which you can read body language within the context of a forehead kiss. Let’s take a look at some of them.
If a guy holds your head in his hands, looks in your eyes and then kisses you on your forehead, it means that he’s connecting to you on an emotional level. It means that he is with you and just you in that moment. It means you are the focus of his undivided attention.
If he places his hands on your cheeks before he kisses your forehead, it is his way of showing his affection for you. It means that he wants to form a connection with you.
If he hold your hands while kissing your forehead, it means he is feeling protective of you. It means he doesn’t want you to go away. He wants to stand with you.
If he hugs you first and then kisses you on the forehead, it means that he is trying to comfort you, offering you his protection and warmth.
A kiss on different parts of the face symbolizes different things.
A kiss on the cheek is often used when greeting someone. It is mostly platonic. But it can also be seen as a sign of friendly affection. A kiss on the cheek is reserved for friends and family.
A kiss on the lips is usually for romantic purposes, mostly accompanied by erotic thoughts and actions. This kiss is mostly powered by lust. Even if you love the person kissing you, a kiss on the lips conveys a feeling of lust.
A kiss on the forehead, on the other hand, implies a form of affection. It means the person cares for you, respects your feelings, trusts you and wants to be emotionally involved with you. It shows his concern for you and his comfort in being near you. It is a form of silent communication in which he shows how much you mean to him.
You must have asked yourself: What does it mean when a guy kisses your forehead after making out? It means that he feels connected to you both physically and emotionally. It means he wants to stay with you and feel all the wonderful things he is feeling at the moment.
Kissing is not just a pleasure-based activity. In fact, there are some lesser-known health benefits of kissing as well. Here are a few:
1. Kissing helps lower blood pressure. Our lips are made of blood vessels. And kissing the forehead dilates our lips, thus lowering the blood pressure by allowing the blood to flow to important parts of the body, resulting in less demand by the body for the heart to pump blood faster.
2. Forehead kisses lower anxiety levels. The act of kissing decreases the levels of cortisol, which is commonly known as the stress hormone. At the same time, it increases the levels of serotonin, the hormone that is responsible for maintaining our mood balance. Sometimes the effects of forehead kissing are similar to that of meditation because both activities help in releasing large amounts of oxytocin, the so-called “love hormone” that helps our mind become calm in the presence of another person.
3. Forehead kissing is believed to help improve the body’s immune system. It is known that there are more than 700 different types of bacteria in our saliva. When we kiss someone on their forehead, new and different types of bacteria are introduced to our saliva. And it is widely believed by doctors and scientists that being exposed to different types of bacteria actually increases bodily health and boosts the immune system.
4. Kissing someone on the forehead is like doing low-calorie burn exercises. Kisses can burn 5 to 26 calories a minute. Just for a simple forehead kiss, a few vital muscles in our face are utilized, which also has the added benefit of keeping our cheeks tight.
5. Forehead kissing can delay the signs of aging. Kissing increases the blood flow in our face which makes it behave as if a collagen, an important protein in our body, is being produced in large amounts. It helps you appear young for a long time.
Just kissing someone’s forehead is never seen in the same sense as the French kiss or the likes of it. It isn’t erotic. It isn’t intimate. Or is it?
We think a kiss on the forehead of a child from his mother is entirely different from a forehead kiss by a boy to his love interest. In both cases, it is a gentle and meaningful way of conveying affection and love. But while for a mother it is a natural instinct to shower her child with love and affection and to also convey a sense of safety, a kiss on the forehead to a girl from a boy usually means that he is comfortable around her. It also implies that is attracted to her in a non-sexual way. It conveys his respect for her feelings and thoughts, confirming his trust in her.
Bonus: Here are five of the most popular takeaways regarding forehead kisses.
- Kiss on the shoulder, I want you. kiss on lips, I love you. kiss on the forehead, I hope we’re together forever.
- Kissing a girl on the forehead is one of the sweetest things in the world.
- One kiss on the forehead is much sweeter than a thousand kiss on the lips. No lust but full of love and respect.
- A real lover is a man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead.
- A guy won’t kiss a girl on her forehead unless he’s really serious about her.